1) ENHANCED IMMUNE SYSTEM and REDUCED ALLERGIC REACTIONS. Commercial dog food is over processed food with lots of additives to preserve shelf life and provide nutrients lost during the cooking process. Having raw food, you can control all the ingredients by eliminating the cheap grains, low-quality meats and chemical preservatives that may cause allergies to your dogs.
2) INCREASED HYDRATION. Raw meat contains plenty of water. Once you switch your dog to raw food, you will often notice a decrease in your dog's water intake. It's a sign that your dog is getting the moisture and hydration your dog needs.
3) SMALLER VOLUME OF STOOL. Commercial and cheap dog foods have fillers, which help bulk up the food contributing to copious amount of stool. With raw dog food, most of what goes in gets used.
4) FEWER ANAL-GLAND PROBLEM. Did you know that feeding raw food stimulates and empties your dog's anal glands naturally?Have you noticed your dog dragging his bottom on the floor? This means that your dog wants to empty the anal sac which is filled with a foul-smelling liquid. Feeding your dog the wrong (and cheap) food prevents your dog from emptying his anal gland.
5) CLEANER TEETH. All that bone crunching and gnawing is better than any brushing or flossing you could ever do. Plus, it reduces doggy breath.
6) FEWER EAR INFECTIONS. The yeast and grain content of commercial dog food can contribute to chronic ear problems especially those with pendulous or drop ears. Dog food with no or low grain content can clear up those frustrating ear infections for good.
7) BLOAT MANAGEMENT. Raw food does not contain fillers that can expand in the stomach thereby increasing the possibility of bloat.
Switching your dog from a commercial dog food to raw dog food can be alarming. It's normal and understandable.
Once you actually see your dog eating and thriving on raw dog foodwithout something horrible happening, you will begin to relax.
Young dogs raised on a raw dog food grow more slowly than dogs raised on commercial dog food, which means fewer musculoskeletal problems.
Overall vitality and energy are unequaled and, most important of all, dogs love it!
Many people who have switched their dogs to raw dog food report healthy skin and a shiny coat, clean teeth and fresh breath, and apparent resistance to diseases, parasites and allergies.
Raw dog food, as good as it sounds with all the benefits that come with it, has its own disadvantages.
By knowing the good and the bad side of raw dog food, you will be able to decide from there depending on your situation what would be best for you and your dog.